Thursday, February 01, 2007

Day Three

Today, I pray that I can be genuine. I wrote a post about my being a spin doctor. I never finished it. I don't want to be a spin doctor. I want to be a straight shootin' son-of-a-gun. I'm getting better, but I want to arrive, already. I want people to know exactly where I stand and where they stand with me.

I'm grateful for my life. I bless God that I can be happy (or sad, when the mood strikes me) and not feel guilty about it. I can have joy and happiness, and not have a tagline playing in the back of my head: "This moment of bliss is brought to you by Ignorance and Denial, LLC." Right now there are plenty of things in my life that I'm screwing up consistently, things that are going wrong with no help from me consistently, things that I'm working on changing consistently. Everything is not perfect. I'm not perfect. But, I'm still happy. I still have joy. And I'm incredibly grateful.

I got to work this morning with a wrenching stomach pain. I decided it was hunger and maybe it was. Maybe it wasn't. Either way, I decided to eat. But I didn't have anything to eat except my lunch. So, I prayed. "God, I need food." Lo and behold, I opened the refrigerator to stow my lunch and there was a yogurt I had put in there a week ago, but had never had a chance to eat. I asked and I received. Not quite as cool as yesterday's answered prayer, but my stomach pain went away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home