Monday, April 17, 2006

Prayer Dare: Day #2

Tonight's prayer is also about me. Perhaps there's a pattern forming here. I'm not sure yet. It's somewhat related to points in yesterday's prayer, which wasn't really a prayer as much as an invoice. There were bullet points, after all. It was late, I can't be held accountable for anything that comes out of my fingers after 12:30am. Anyway, here's a prayer:

My God and King,

You have been amazing in my life. You have seen to it that there has been a parade of wonderful people marching in and out of my life. Lord God, let me always understand that each person is a gift and a precious life. Make me a good steward over the time that you allow them to stick around. Don't let me take them for granted, and don't let me waste my time with them and have them leave my life without accomplishing your purpose for our relationship. Help me to be a good friend and a good example of what your love can do. I thank you that you honor my need for relationship even when I don't acknowledge it. I love you.

In Jesus' name,
Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home