Sunday, January 29, 2006

ALPHA @ Ebenezer's

I mentioned the Alpha course in my last post. But it bears repeating. It a course for people of all levels of faith, from persecutors of the Church to the Apostle Paul. It's part dinner party (i.e., free food every Monday), part movie, part discussion group. We discuss everything from "Why does God let babies die if He's so 'good'?" to "How can I effectively use Tongues in my prayer life?"

God has been seriously up to good (as opposed to no good) in my life and the lives of the other people involved in Alpha. It hasn't been the "Great, I found my missing silver dollar" good, it's been about seriously transforming and renewing minds. If these things are any indication of what He has up his sleeves for Alpha, and please believe me when I say it's going to be HUGE, it would behoove you to be at the corner of 2nd and F Streets, NE in Washington, DC on Monday, February 20th at 7:00pm. That will be the big kick-off dinner at Ebenezer's Coffeehouse - the new hotness in Capitol Hill java joints - and a chance to get more information. E-mail alpha@theaterchurch.com for dinner reservations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home