Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Prayer Dare: Day #3

God,

Show me how to pray. I know that I can be all over the place sometimes, but it's partially your fault because of the mind you gave me. Yes, I've abused it, but... Well, I don't really have an excuse for that. I'm sorry. Give me the focus and discipline that I need to handle all of the freedoms, the responsibility, and the power that you've given me. I don't like hurting people. I don't like hurting myself. And, I don't like hurting you. So, help me. Thank you for the time delay you've given me between my thoughts and my words. Now help me to use it. Today has been a good day. I've had better, but I've definitely had worse. So, thanks. Tomorrow will be an even better day. I can't wait to see what you'll show me. I can't wait to see how you'll use me. Let it be a productive day. Let it be a day without regrets. Even though I know I won't be perfect, I know you will. Speak to me, sing to me, and I'll answer. I love you. Thank you.

In Jesus' name I pray,

Amen.