Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I am the weakest link...Goodbye.

I love my friends, and yes I love Jesus, but I don't do chain letters for anybody. I especially avoid Christian chain letters, because so many of them end with a guilt trip and call into question the salvation and committment of all who even consider breaking the chain. Say it with me: "WITCHCRAFT." So, anyway, I always break the chains - just like Jesus - and somehow I'm still saved. Jaded, but saved.

I say that because there is apparently a getting-to-know-you blog post template sweeping through cyberspace and it landed in my lap. Unfortunately my jading has hardened my heart even to well-intentioned, threat-free (and, I'll admit it, down-right entertaining) fare such as this. Had I not been "tagged" by one of my favorite people and one of the most inspired and influential ministers in all of Christendom, Heather Zempel, I would have ignored it altogether. However, in deference to Heather, I will answer the questions. I won't tag anyone else, though.

By the way, anyone who copies this template from my blog to post in theirs is probably not a real Christian.

Four Jobs I've Had:
- Wedding Coordinator (including a wedding of a girl I dated)
- Fruit Basket Maker at Kroger
- Trash Collector at outdoor concert venue (I found so much money it was almost worth it)
- Metal Press Worker at a machine parts die cast factory

Four Movies I Can Watch Over and Over:
- Drive Me Crazy (say what you will, I love that movie)
- Hav Plenty
- Independence Day
- Money Pit

Four Places I've Lived:
- Columbus, OH
- Gambier, OH
- Washington, DC
- That’s all

Four Shows I Like to Watch:
- 7th Heaven
- Grey's Anatomy
- Veronica Mars
- Family Guy

Four Foods That I Like:
- Pizza
- Drunken Noodle
- Any Bread
- Grilled Stuft Burritos

Four Websites I Visit Daily:
- APA
- Silas Partners Webmail
- Securenet
- Blogspot

Four Things I Want to Do Before I Die:
- Get married
- Have/adopt children
- Travel extensively
- See the sky crack

Four People I'm Tagging:
* see intro

3 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, February 15, 2006, Blogger Heather Z said...

Thanks for humoring me, Dennis. I think this probably started as a mechanism for driving traffic to peoples' blogs!

 
At 11:25 PM, February 15, 2006, Blogger Dennis Bourne said...

Heather,
Thanks for tagging me. It does seem to be working, at least among the people I know.

Dennis

 
At 8:25 PM, February 16, 2006, Blogger Hyla said...

You aren't the weakest link!! No one that can pick up trash, make fruit baskets and coordinate weddings is the weakest link... EVER!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home