Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Prayer Dare: Day #4

So, God,

I had a really good day today, so I thank you for answering my prayer. It was productive, I don't have any regrets. I wasn't perfect, but you were. Well, I did cave to peer pressure a little, and I'm not too happy about that. But I know that I could have made a different choice. I saw the options and I had the power to make the right or wrong choice and I chose wrong. There were so many years in my life when I couldn't say that, when the wrong I did was a reflex, when I didn't have the moment or the power to choose right. That's progress. That's incredible. It's also dodging the point, but if I've got to dodge a point, I think it's best to do it with praise and thanksgiving. Anyway, Lord, I understand that there is a new level of accountability involved with this progress. I don't really want it, but I know it's a package deal. Given the choice between bondage with chains and freedom with strings, I'll choose you every time. Thank you for my amazing friends, and their barely-there Christianity. Thank you for their amazing hearts for you, coupled with their craziness. Thank you for sending people into my life who remind me that I don't have to stop being me in you in order to have more fun than I can stand. Thank you for the wonderful old relationships and thank you for the wonderful new relationships. Thank you that I have someone to think about, whose name makes me smile, no matter what. You, My Father, have been better to me that I can ever deserve. Thank you for your love and favor.

In the matchless, mighty, and marvelous name of your Son, Jesus,
Amen

2 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, April 20, 2006, Blogger Darbs said...

How beautiful...thank you for sharing your talk with God.

 
At 12:15 AM, April 21, 2006, Blogger Dennis Bourne said...

You're welcome, Darby. Thanks for listening in.

Dennis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home