Friday, April 21, 2006

Prayer Dare: Day #5

Hey God,

So today was a little harried. It flew by, but I felt and heard you every leg of the journey. It still amazes me. I know it's been years now and I know we've talked about this before, but I'm still in awe of our relationship. Job said that even if he called you and answered, he still wouldn't believe that you listened to his voice. I'm so there with him. I can't believe that you run this whole universe like a cottage industry, so you keep pretty busy. You're the most powerful being in existence, so you're fairly important. But everytime I open my mouth, you listen as if I'm the only person alive and every word I say is precious to you. I say some decently foul and crazy stuff, but you still want to hear me. And you even take the time to put your own words in my mouth. Even when I'm not talking crazy, even when I'm worshipping you, I still find it amazing that you hear me. And you don't just hear, you listen. And you don't just listen, you answer. I call you holy. And you answer. I call you righteous. And you answer. I call you mighty. And you answer. I call you glorious. And you answer. I call you awesome. And you answer. I call you perfect. And you answer. I call you gracious. And you answer. I call you merciful. And you answer. I call you victorious. And you answer. I call you worthy. And you answer. I call you great. And you answer. I call you Father. And you answer. I call you friend. And you answer. I call you lover. And you answer. I call you mine. And you answer. I call you Savior. And you answer. I call you Jesus. And you answer. I call you...And you answer.

Thank you for answering.

Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home