Monday, May 22, 2006

Prayer Dare: Day #37

So, part of me is feeling not so changed. By part, I mean the thinking and feeling portion of my being. The longer I'm here in real life the more last week seems like an anecdote. I hate that. There is a part of me (the aforementioned part) that wants to fill my bathtub with water and try to walk on it, just to prove to myself that it was all real. I would love to ask you for a test of my changedness, but honestly as strong and free as I was feeling I can't imagine the test you'd give me. So, I'll hold off. I don't mind tests and trials, per se, but I'm not going go around inviting them. Would you really send a test just so that I could prove to myself that I could pass it? Would that be a good enough reason for you? Would that be "tempting you"? Would that be sin? It would be kind of stupid, but would it be sin?

God's answer:
You don't always feel saved, but you don't doubt your salvation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home