Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Prayer Dare: Day #28

God,
I thank you for comfirming your words. Your prophet, I forget which one, said you spoke once and he heard you twice. I thank you for the echo. Be near me Lord Jesus, I ask you to stay close by me forever and love me I pray. As this week begins, I ask you for focus. I've come to the middle of nowhere to find peace and refuge. I'm not running away from anything (well I sort of am, except they're all in my head so they travel well), I am running to you. So that I may find you, shut my mind up for a while. I thank you for my mind, it's capable of amazing things. You have gifted me incredibly. But, it doesn't do quiet very well. It likes to be two steps ahead to the next amazing thing and that's distracting. Quiet it that I might hear and learn and worship without anything getting in the the way. Training has been good so far, but I pray that I stop looking for ways to maintain control and start looking for the Way Maker. You are why I'm here. Be larger than life and smaller than my tears.

It's nice to meet you again,
Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home