Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Prayer Dare: Day #25

Lord,
I wonder what my life would have been like had I made different decisions along the way. Not better or worse, just different. I know it's a pointless exercise, and like Pastor Brown used to say, "there's no reason to waste a whole lot of time cleaning up the past, because you don't intend to live there." But, every once in a while I just wonder. You would be different. Not that you're not constant and unchanging, but I would be different, so my experience of you would be different. Like, what if I had actually gone to Northwestern or Drexel? I would have graduated med school already, and would be an intern or a resident, I'm not sure which. Okay, so maybe, you're right, I still wouldn't have gone to med school. But I also wouldn't have come to DC, either. So, I would have come to DC, but I would have come for a different purpose and in a different mindset. I don't get your "plan". I know I don't have to get it, but it would still be nice. It is one of your more intriguing mysteries. How you can devise a plan that spans billions of years that accounts for random decisions made by billions of people, who may or may not be aware of you and/or your plan. And not only does your plan start and end exactly where you want it to, it also hits an infinite number of preordained points in between. I swear, if I had your mind for even a moment, my head would spontaneously combust. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know what I said. I do have your mind. You know what I meant.

Good night, Smart Guy,
Love you.

1 Comments:

At 1:16 AM, May 11, 2006, Blogger Papillon said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! Another classic conversation! I love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home