Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Prayer Dare: Day #38

Father, in the name of Jesus,

Lord, I thank you for this day. I thank you for a productive day. I thank you for a good meeting that went better than I deserved to have it go. You totally answered that prayer. I thank you for a good evening that I caught myself enjoying more than...I would have...I don't know, it was a weird feeling. Natural, I guess. Whatever it was, thank you. I ask you for the strength, okay the will to use the strength, I know I have it. Help me to do what I have to do, you create the opportunities and I'll try to take them. Lord I pray for strength, for conviction, for a total loss of control, not rock bottom, but a yielding. It's hard to imagine myself back in that situation, but I cannot deny the compassion I have. Lord God, you've given me a charge or maybe I've taken it on in spite of you. Either way, I feel like it's there. If I'm not supposed to have it, take it away. If I am, please guide me, 'cause I'm goin' in. Lord, I still wonder how you do this for a living. Loving as much as you do, how can you watch us live our lives the way we do? It's astounding. I'm grateful I guess. Such incredible passion, such incredible patience. I don't know. Thank you. I'm at a loss for words, as I so often am with you, yet nerves, habit and duty keep me from being silent. One day, I suppose. I love you. Thank you. And let tomorrow be even more awesome.

I ask this all in the matchless name of your son, Jesus,
Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home