Thursday, March 15, 2007

Day Forty-Six

Last night during my break for class I went to Subway to buy something to go along with my usual dinner of yogurt and granola. Really I just needed a spoon to eat my yogurt, but felt compelled to buy something rather than just asking for a spoon. I went in prepared and excited to buy three of their cookies, of which I am immensely fond, yet lamenting the fact that my sweet tooth is taking over my life.

God challenged me to choose something healthier. Like what? It's Subway. Turns out their kids meal comes with a pack of apples. I said, "Whatever," and bought the apples. Mind you, I hate apples.

That is, until now. Those were the best apples I've ever tasted, and literally some of the best fruit I've ever tasted. It was a combination of sweet red apples and very tart and sweet green apples. That's all the pack said, it didn't say what kind of red or green apples.

To me the apples and their tastiness represented the fruit (so to speak) of obedience. I spent the rest of the evening on a high.

In that rather trite anecdote is wrapped yesterday's answered prayer and thing-I'm-grateful-for. My prayer for today is that I remember the apples - I kept the wrapper, by the way - and what they represent.

God has proven to me over and over again that His way is always the best way, even when it doesn't look like look or feel like it at first. Still trust is hard to come by. It's good to know He hasn't given up on me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home