Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Prayer Dare: Day #10

So, God,

There's a refrigerator magnet or sticker or something I've seen that says, "God said he'd never put more on me than I can bear. I just wish he didn't trust me so much." So that leads me to a chicken-and-egg question. The people I know who seem to go through the absolute worst crap are some of the coolest people I know with the biggest hearts. So, are these the people who can handle the most? Are they the ones who can come through adversity without being bitter or cynical? Or, did the adversity shape them into cool people? Did suffering stretch their hearts?

I know I was on a really good track: talking about other people for more than two sentences. But, that leads me to a question about myself. I've had a relatively easy life. What does that say about me? Can I not be trusted with adversity? It's not that bad things haven't happened. Some things sucked so much that I wanted to curl up and cry until things got better. But I don't feel like I've ever been without your joy, so it never seemed that bad. I've felt like you weren't there for me plenty of times, but I've never felt like you weren't somewhere. I've never felt like things would never get better. Please understand that all of this is purely academic musing. There is no need for any experimentation. Don't get any ideas up there. I'm just saying...

Can you do something? You have surrounded me with people more incredible than I could ever deserve to share space with. Bless them in the way you've blessed me so many times. Tomorrow, give each of them at least one moment when they are overwhelmed by you. Dig through their hearts and find the thing that will move them to worship you, to love their lives, to forget anything in their situations that is not the way they want it to be. They give so much to me, more than I could or would ever ask. So bless them. Please. You said that you would bless the people that bless me and curse the people that curse me. So, in Jesus' name, bless them.

I love you and I thank you. I love my life and I am so grateful for who you made me to be,
Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home