Monday, April 02, 2007

Day 6 Four

It's been a great few days. God's been working overtime. And literally just got news that I'm an uncle again. My "little brother", Franklin, just had a baby boy. Great way to cap off the weekend.

God answered my prayer for a clear mind. It lasted only a couple of days, but it was the right could of days and it reminded me what my mind was like before and can be like again. I say "the right couple of days" because that Thursday night we had the best Living Waters small group ever. I wouldn't have been able to experience it as fully as I did, if I had been as bound as I normally am. At the risk of sounding patronizing, I was really proud of the men in my group for the WORK they did on Thursday night and the way they ministered to and enouraged and prophesied to each other. For this weekend, maybe even this year, that is the thing that I'm most grateful for.

I also had a great retreat day. With Brandt and Matt out of town and Rob working on his test, I figured Saturday was a good day to be by myself. It turned out to be a perfect day. I saw and experienced so much and so little. God and I had a lot of fun, as we always do when I give him time. And somehow, I'm always surprised.

For today, I pray that I can find a way to live in that freedom and clarity of mind, and the fellowship with and obedience to God that it makes possible. I also pray a life of victory, blessing, favor, love, joy, hope, peace and forgiveness for my new nephew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home